Updated: May 18
Have you decided which part you want to play in a software development process? If becoming a Product Owner or a Product Manager is something that triggers your interest, then make yourself valuable with SAFe POPM certification. Certification courses are particularly designed for agile professionals who want to advance their career options and improve their career possibilities with the necessary skills to create a product vision with changing demands of an organization.
To begin, let’s talk about what makes a Product Owner and a Product Manager before exploring the importance of becoming certified in SAFe POPM.
Who is a Product Owner/Product Manager?
A Product Owner is responsible for representing the customer to the development team by providing visibility to the product backlog. He is an integral part of a team, who has the authority to make or change a prioritized list of items in the product backlog so that the development team can work on it. A Product Owner is held accountable for breaking large and complex tasks into smaller chunks to let the team decide on how many tasks they can complete.
A Product Manager is held accountable for managing the product life cycle from ideation to product delivery. They are also responsible for delivering products aligning with the market requirements representing a viable business opportunity. A Product Manager has to ensure that the product aligns with the organization’s vision and goals.
What is a SAFe POPM certification?
The SAFe POPM stands for SAFe Product Owner and Product Manager certification course which is primarily designed for individuals willing to advance their career path into product management jobs in an organization. This training course comprised processes, mechanics, and tools utilized to manage agile teams and address backlogs in a company. Other requirements covered by this course are:
1. This certification course trains you to become competent enough to carry out your responsibilities such as formulating project goals and effectively planning work activities in an organization.
2. Developing and managing the product backlog according to the needs of end-users.
3. Overseeing product development at various stages by balancing the scope, time, and budget constraints in a team.
4. Also, you will be accountable for ensuring transparency in the upcoming work of the product development team.
5. Helps develop essential traits to become a perfect leader.
6. Prepares you to deal with challenges like missing the product roadmap, and changing the product priority during the sprint process.
An Overview of the Benefits of Becoming Certified in SAFe POPM
With the rising exponential rate for certified professionals to improve performance and team working in organizations, the SAFe POPM certification serves best for agile professionals to sharpen their skills and become an expert in playing the roles of Product Owner and Product Manager of a company.
Some of the benefits of becoming a certified practitioner are:
1. SAFe training courses help you expand your agile techniques with continuous improvement and develop management skills to provide proper guidance to the agile teams.
2. When you become a certified professional, you will be able to end the search of many company owners continuously looking for POPM practitioners who will be able to constantly deliver quality solutions to their organizations to scale big projects.
3. Possessing certification projects to recruiters that you have proper knowledge about frameworks and necessary skills to develop the business agility of an organization.
4. Needless to say, it will also increase your salary expectation and makes you stand apart from non-certified candidates as a professional who can be a valuable asset for any organization.
How to Get Certified with SAFe POPM Certification?
The roadmap to becoming a certified SAFe POPM practitioner should be an analysed and well-evaluated process. To become a certified SAFe POPM, you need to follow the steps below:
1. The first step to becoming a certified SAFe POPM is to get registered for a two-day training workshop along with the SAFe course.
2. Next, get yourself trained under a certified trainer to gain basic knowledge about the SAFe Scrum framework to become an expert Product Owner/Product Manager.
3. After you are completed the training and SAFe POPM course you will be provided with a link to join the SAFe certifying body.
4. Moving on, you need to clear the SAFe POPM certification exam with 77% to pass the exam to get your license agreement accepted by the SAFe certification body.
5. With the agreement process completed, you will become a certified SAFe POPM professional.
Therefore, SAFe POPM training courses help you to learn the best industry techniques and methods, so that you can efficiently work as a Product Owner/Product Manager in a product management team.
1. Who is a SAFe POPM practitioner?
The safepopm practitioner refers to the SAFe Product Owners or SAFe Product Managers who are held responsible for guiding the product development process and grooming the product backlog and creating an effective product vision to meet the needs of an organization.
2. What are the prerequisites for joining the SAFe POPM certification training course?
The SAFe POPM certification best serves individuals who want to implement the Scrum and SAFe framework as a Product Owner or a Product Manager. To join the course, one needs to have some basic knowledge of product management and agile frameworks.
3. Who is Safe POPM certification intended for?
The safe popm certification is a gateway for agile professionals like Scrum Masters, Agile coaches, Agile trainers, Business Analysts, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, and others who want to expand their skills as Product Owner and Product Manager.
About Advance Agility
We, at Advance Agility, are the new-age Agile Coaching, Consulting and IT services company. We enable end-to-end Digital Transformation. Agile execution is integral to our being. We are doing SAFe implementation with small, medium and large organization across the globe. Our vision is to be the leading Agile execution player globally. To keep adding value at every process stage. We are on a mission to empower our clients, move from concept to cash in the shortest sustainable lead time by adopting human centric approach to business agility. Embracing the change is in our DNA. Things that keep us apart are Quicker and Seamless execution with End-to-end gamut of services. Our Global presence and Stellar Track Record give us an edge over our competitor.
Connect with us at advanceagility.com to learn about SAFe and SAFe Implementation. We provide various SAFe certification courses along with DevOps, Scrum, Agile Coaching and more trainings. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any agile training or consulting needs. We are always looking for competent agile trainers as well. So if you are a good trainer or want to become one, do get in touch with us to that we can learn, grow and achieve together.