Updated: Sep 6
Businesses prefer the adoption of DevOps culture whenever they are stuck in the development process and fulfilling their business needs. With the growing demand for DevOps culture in organizations, DevOps has become the in-demand career option for most software engineers. So, as an aspiring DevOps professional, you can opt for the best DevOps Certifications depending on your interest, subject knowledge, the systems you are familiar with, or the software development cycle you are interested in. With the DevOps practices Implementing SAFe has become convenient for most companies as SAFe is the most widely accepted and used framework in every industry.
If you are someone looking for ways to understand the entire process of getting a DevOps certification, then you are in the right place. This article outlines some simple steps to get DevOps certified. But before that let’s start with understanding, what is DevOps? and how it works in large enterprises.
What is the DevOps methodology?
DevOps is a culture and a mindset that is considered to be an extension or missing part of the Agile methodology for continuous value delivery. By following the DevOps lifecycle which includes, planning, code development, building, testing, scheduling releases, deployment, operating, and monitoring companies can seamlessly automate the software development workflow.
Any organization desiring to transition from on-premises to massive cloud infrastructure can opt for the DevOps approach to provide an unhindered experience to their customer. For instance, when Netflix realized that they need to move their business from on-premises infrastructure to the cloud they embraced DevOps culture, which has been proven to be a huge success for their online business.
For many organizations, developing a DevOps culture was possible with a team of developers with the right DevOps skill sets. And this scenario gives a valid reason for agile professionals to consider obtaining a DevOps certification if they want to increase their chances to become a part of huge enterprises as DevOps professionals and advance themselves to Become a SAFe Trainer.
What are the DevOps lifecycle phases:
As the name DevOps suggest, it is the combination of the development and operation team of an organization where both teams work together to produce a high-quality product based on client-centric requirements.
DevOps promotes a type of work culture that is primarily centred around collaboration, communication, and integration among team members. As mentioned earlier, DevOps is for continuous value delivery. This approach is meant for continuous agile improvement with continuity as its core. Now, let’s understand the phases involved in the DevOps lifecycle to get an overview of this approach.
Here are some continuous approaches defined by DevOps culture:
1. Continuous development: This phase describes the vision for the entire software development cycle. Here the product backlog is maintained based on the product requirements collected by discussing with the stakeholders. This is a continuous process where developers need to develop codes according to the changes that occur addressing the performance issues.
2. Continuous Integration: Here through unit testing, the code is tested for any bugs and modified accordingly.
3. Continuous testing: In this phase quality analysts use tools like Docker, and Selenium, continuous testing for the bugs and reducing the maintenance cost of the testing environment.
4. Continuous Deployment: Here the team members release the codes to the servers and schedule the updates. This practice increased the continuous delivery of the new features of the product.
5. Continuous feedback: This phase helped to improve the application code to produce a better version of the application by analyzing the customer’s behavior regularly.
6. Continuous monitoring: Here the functionality and features of the application are monitored to detect system errors and identify issues.
With this, we understand that DevOps culture is established for maintaining continuity in developing a working software that improved the user experience.
How to choose the DevOps certification that suits you best?
Choosing the right DevOps certification should be entirely based on the candidate’s interest, career goals, and background knowledge. Also, it depends on which phase of the development cycle you want to get familiar with. The certification courses mostly deal with developing methods to apply for large enterprises, cloud concepts, different tools used at different phases of the development process, and networking with team members within organizations.
Here is a simple guide to getting a DevOps certification for your agile career:
1. As an agile professional, you can easily find DevOps courses available online.
2. Choose the right course that suits your level and interest.
3. You can join the course while working to boost your resume for the role of a DevOps practitioner in any large enterprise.
4. Some of the top DevOps certification courses are Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Linus Foundation Certified System Administrator, AWS Cloud and DevOps Certification, and more for starting your DevOps journey.
5. After the course, you must pass the test to get DevOps certified.
Although the journey to get into a DevOps career is quite long, obtaining DevOps certification can help you open several doors of opportunity with ravishing career options. Getting certified can also help recruiters take you in as this certification signals that the candidate possesses the required knowledge in Implementing SAFe and other important DevOps tools to develop their software development process which will simultaneously improve their business.
1. What will you learn through the DevOps certification course?
The DevOps certification course provides the attendees with an introduction to DevOps methodology and its benefits. They will also get to learn about DevOps management and the advanced practices that come under DevOps to improve customer satisfaction.
2. What are the benefits of DevOps certification?
DevOps skills and expertise adds a valuable supplement to your resume and also provide you with a potential salary increase in your existing job as an agile professional. This certification also leads you to huge opportunities to achieve your career goals.
3. What is the role of a DevOps engineer?
The essential roles of a DevOps engineer are managing the entire product development process by setting up the right tools, structures, and activities and having proper interaction with stakeholders.
About Advance Agility
We, at Advance Agility, are the new-age Agile Coaching, Consulting and IT services company. We enable end-to-end Digital Transformation. Agile execution is integral to our being. We are doing SAFe implementation with small, medium and large organization across the globe. Our vision is to be the leading Agile execution player globally. To keep adding value at every process stage. We are on a mission to empower our clients, move from concept to cash in the shortest sustainable lead time by adopting human centric approach to business agility. Embracing the change is in our DNA. Things that keep us apart are Quicker and Seamless execution with End-to-end gamut of services. Our Global presence and Stellar Track Record give us an edge over our competitor.
Connect with us at advanceagility.com to learn about SAFe and SAFe Implementation. We provide various SAFe certification courses along with DevOps, Scrum, Agile Coaching and more trainings. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any agile training or consulting needs. We are always looking for competent agile trainers as well. So if you are a good trainer or want to become one, do get in touch with us to that we can learn, grow and achieve together.